Tubby's first band
started at Southsea Pier on April 1st (prophetic) 1955, and struggled
on until October 1956.
The original personnel in the photo was Harry South (piano), Pete Blannin
(bass), Lennie Breslow (drums), Dave Usden, Dickie Hawdon (Tpts), Tubby
&Jack Sharpe (tenors) and Mike Senn on alto. Bobbie Breen was singer
& conga drum. Later Dave Usden was replaced by Ian Hamer. Lennie
Breslow by Bill Eyden.
Photo and notes
supplied by Mike Senn